Established in 1999, 3E is an international technology company in sustainable energy. It provides consultancy and software to improve performance of renewable energy systems, to reduce energy consumption and to facilitate grid and market interaction. 3E’s expertise covers solar energy, wind energy, sustainable buildings and sites optimisation, power infrastructure and energy markets.
3E’s clients include renewable energy project developers and investors, real estate developers, energy utilities, architects, technology manufacturers, maintenance companies and public authorities.
A fast-moving SME, 3E was awarded with the Gazelle trophy for its fast growth in 2011. It also received the Top Employer Award in 2012.
3E is looking for an experienced project manager to lead international cooperation projects in developing countries. The Project Manager shall have in-depth knowledge and field expertise regarding wind wind development, as well as experience in international cooperation projects.
You will have the opportunity to work on long term development projects in Africa and Asia, and liaise with international institutions such as the World Bank and the Asian Development Bank. Your main tasks will consist in managing different internal staff and external contractors, organize large scale wind measurement campaigns and other site investigations and propose road maps for wind project development in the focus countries. You will be responsible for:
- Timely delivery of the different work packages throughout the project schedule (2-4 years);
- Liaising with local and international stakeholders, including regular conference calls and meetings in the target countries (several times a year);
- Regular reporting (progress report) on the various tasks to be delivered;
- Organizing work with local partners, including contractor selection and contract preparation, follow up and quality control;
- Managing project budget and contract with the financing institutions;
- Contribute to business development and acquisition for similar cooperation work, including preparing budget and proposal;
Civil, Electrical or Mechanical Engineer with 7 to 10 years’ experience in the Renewable Energy industry, preferably in wind project development and wind resource assessment
Previous work experience in international environment
Ability to regularly travel to remote sites worldwide (Asia and Africa)for several weeks in a row
- Good understanding of the renewable energy sector, with specific knowledge and understanding of the onshore RE industry
General technical knowledge of the design, operations, construction and maintenance of onshore wind farms electrical and mechanical systems
Ability to form and lead project teams, manage local subcontractor, dispatch and manage work streams and projects on time and budget
Strong analytical skills and hands on
Excellent communication in English and report writing skills, French is a plus
Experience in project management and follow up of client contacts
In addition to a stimulating atmosphere in a young and highly dynamic office - and the broader very motivated team of experts of 3E - we offer:
- Attractive salary package in line with your level of experience
- An international context: projects in over 40 countries worldwide, colleagues of over 20 nationalities
- Permanent contract
- Start date: ASAP
- Placed on:Fri 23 December 2016
- Location: Brussels