3E is an independent technology and consulting company in renewable energy and energy efficiency. The company offers expert technical guidance and due diligence services for project developers, utilities and financial institutions. Also, we offer a suite of software services for enhancing the performance of renewable energy plants and optimising the operational energy efficiency in buildings. 3E has also a track record in advising corporate and public authorities on sustainable energy technology, policy and markets.
Our clients include renewable energy project developers, energy utilities, architects, suppliers in the construction markets, maintenance companies, financial institutions and regional and international public authorities.
iLab is 3E’s research and development unit. iLab innovates for new products and makes them ready for the market. Our product developments are managed by a product manager who works with a small team of experts. The product developments are partly co-financed from public R&D funding, e.g., from Belgian regions as well as European institutions.
The R&D Project Manager plans and implements certain projects and keeps them on schedule from start to end. This includes managing the activities listed in the project timelines and monitoring the output of all project participants. At the same time, you also contribute to the technical product development together with the product team. You will work in both domains.
Management and acquisition of funded projects:
- Manage projects from proposal stage through implementation: develop scope, timelines and project progress reports
- Manage project resources and prioritization of day-to-day activities
- Ensure the on-time and on-budget delivery of projects
- Represent 3E in R&D projects/consortia and relevant events
- Manage stakeholder relationships and expectations
- Actively engage in conception and writing of new research proposals, building consortia, finding new ideas, calls, or partners
- Contribute to product development in collaboration with the product team and the Product Managers
- Contribute to business development for iLab’s new productsThe share between management of funded projects and product development will approximately be half-half.
- The technical focus, in the short term, is on mesoscale modelling and meso-micro scale coupling for wind resource assessment globally; new topics in the medium to long term could be short-term forecasting of wind and solar resources or resource assessment for solar energy.
- Experience in programming and data treatment in Python or similar
- Experience in several of the following fields: data acquisition, performance analysis, meteorology
- Result-driven researcher with sound business sense
- A good eye and focus on details
- Able to work well both independently and within a team
- Fluent in English; knowledge of additional languages is an asset
In addition to a stimulating atmosphere in a young and highly motivated group of people, 3E offers:
- Attractive salary package in line with your level of experience, including group insurance, hospital insurance, meal vouchers, representation allowance, company mobile phone and profit sharing scheme
- Sustainable transport: Easy access with public transport, 100% reimbursement of public transport fare or bicycle allowance
- Work in a young, dynamic and stimulating atmosphere and a group of highly motivated people
- An international environment: projects in over 25 countries worldwide, colleagues of over 10 nationalities
- Placed on:Fri 23 December 2016
- Location: Brussels