For more than 100 years, Ahlers has been helping clients with logistics and maritime services all over the world.
With 800 employees in 35 offices on 3 continents we can provide experienced logistics experts all around the world. We offer services in five areas: international forwarding, maritime services, project logistics, agency work and warehousing/value added services.
Ahlers has reinvented itself many times over. Today, we introduce “Ahlers 4.0”: the next generation of logistics and supply chain optimisation.
In this function, based in Antwerp/Belgium, you will lead the growth and development of the Ahlers' Supply Chain Solutions.
You will combine high level relationships with our target customer base, while also taking the customers along in a long-term partnership.
The goal at all times is to continuously make the customer's supply network smarter and more efficient.
Our vision is to build communities with a collaborative platform where multiple cargo-owners and transporters can share their data in order allow them to consolidate and optimize the total supply chain, across industries and commodities.
Ahlers is convinced that the logistic service providers should play a leading role in improving the global mobility and the environment!
- Understand the fundamental drivers of the business, the business of our customers, the customer of our customers and our competitors.
- Analytical preparation of potential growth opportunities and periodic follow through on the realization of commercial, operational and financial KPI's
- Initiate business development dialogues with strategic customers aimed at building long term strategic account(s)/alliance(s).
- Attend conferences and other business events to keep abreast of developments in the marketplace, to find potential new business and to market the Ahlers' supply chain solutions.
- Proactively initiate and engage sales calls to potential new customers.
- Establish relevant partnerships to meet our strategic objectives with customers, suppliers and authorities.
- Work to improve the organization, market position and achieve financial growth.
- Build and leverage relationships founded on trust and integrity to facilitate future growth.
Ahlers is offering:
- An international environment characterized by an entrepreneurial and innovative culture.
- Plenty of opportunities to develop knowledge and competences.
- An enthusiastic, cooperative and professional team.
- You are a proven networker and a community builder.
- You have a strong interest in the latest technology and world economics.
- You are driven by results and work proactively.
- You are a team player with open and transparent communication.
- You have strong analytical skills, but you are able to work hands on. You are an advanced user of Microsoft Office for presentations, excel, project follow up and reporting.
- You are fluent in English and Dutch, a good knowledge of German and French are an asset.
In order to stengthen our Supply Chain Solutions team, we are looking for a Sales & Business Development Manager.
The role will combine high level relationships with our customers, while ensuring a long-term partnership with them.
The goal is to continuously make their supply network smarter.
- Placed on:Tue 10 January 2017
- Location: Antwerpen